Friday, 13 June 2014

Cookies

Good afternoon I hope you are enjoying the glorious weather we are having at the moment.  I have been busy pottering in the garden which seems to have suddenly come to life. 
 
Last night my eldest son (12) told me he needed 24 cupcakes to take to school today.  He was just walking out of the door to scouts when he hit me with the news.   I explained that there was no way he was going to be able to take that amount of cupcakes to school.   He then told me to do what I thought best ;-)
 

 
I decided on cookies.  They are easy and easily transportable.  My only problem was that I had no Chocolate for the choc chip.  I begrudgingly decided to use my bag of Galaxy Minsterels that I had bought for myself. 
 
The cookies turned out wonderfully and were very moreish.  I sampled one or two - okay it was actually four!!   I used my own recipe and I thought I would share it here. 


 
These were the ones for my boys to have last night. 



Galaxy Minstrel Cookie - makes lots I think roughly about 55

340g Self Raising Flour
170g butter / stork
170g granulated sugar
170g soft brown sugar
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla essence
1 pinch salt
1 extra large bag of Galaxy minstrels - you could use choc chips, nuts, m&ms, etc

Preheat oven to 170c, gas mark 4

Grease two baking trays or use cookie liners (I get mine from poundland)

Cream the butter and the sugars until fluffy, add the vanilla and the eggs.

Mix in the flour and the salt and your minstrels.  - I pulsed the minstrels in the food processor for a few seconds as the rolling pin bashing was not working at all. 

Using a tablespoon drop the mixture onto your trays.

Bake for 13 - 15 minutes.

Do not try to remove them from the tray straight away or they will break and you will have to eat them - be warned.

 
 
I hope you enjoy the cookies if you make them. 
 
Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for visiting
 



3 comments:

  1. Oh wow these look fab....I'm not good at sharing so I will def have to cook lots and I love minstrels!!!
    bestest d xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's taking a basic chocolate chip cookie and adding a big WoW! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like a glass of cold milk and cookies to tempt me! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! Please join us again next week :)

    ReplyDelete