Saturday 30 November 2013

Weekend baking


I have go in to the habit the last few years of always baking on a Friday. It's not the only time of the week I bake but I always fill the tin up for the weekend.

I don't do over the top baking very often it's usually a simple fruit cake, Victoria sponge or loaf cake. Yesterday as I had a bit of time I decided to make some cupcakes.




They are a very basic chocolate sponge with a vanilla buttercream topping. I used some leftover Halloween sweets to decorate. The boys were over the moon when they came home from school.




I have been teaching my boys to cook. My 11 year old made this chicken and bacon pizza with onions and sweetcorn all by himself last night. It was delicious.



The boys are at different birthday parties today. For once they all seem to be at the same time so I have 2 hours sewing time that I can complete some gifts today.

Have a lovely day

Laura x



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to use leftover sweets for the cupcakes! You should link this up to Cosmos & Cotton's weekly bake - check it out! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete